1O Top Tips for a successful Zoom Interview
In the current climate, many employers may choose to interview using video conferencing software. This maybe for social distancing reasons or because it is simply more convenient. An on-line interview is a little different to a traditional face to face interview and it is important that you prepare yourself to succeed. In this article, we share 10 top tips on how you can best prepare for your hair or beauty interview via a Zoom call.
Related: How to increase your employability
What is an interview zoom call?
An interview Zoom call is when you interview for a position using Zoom. Zoom is a type of video software that many companies use to connect with others remotely. It has various tools such as screen sharing, text chat, video recording and muting. Once you learn how to properly use these tools, you can use them to your advantage during your next video interview.
Top tips for success during hair and beauty zoom interviews
These Zoom interview tips can help you be prepared and ready to show employers you're the best candidate for the job:
- Have a practice with a friend or family member before the actual interview
- Be prepared – charge your laptop, turn off notifications, find a good connection
- Research the company and think about why you are the best person for the job. Write some notes to prompt you during the interview
- Make sure you set a professional background – quiet surroundings, no clutter and plain backdrop
- Dress to impress as you would for a face to face interview
- Make sure you are well-groomed including hair and nails
- Look into the camera while speaking
- Listen carefully to the questions and give clear, relevant answers
- Use appropriate body language, remember to smile and build rapport with the person interviewing you
- Ask questions about the process and when you can expect to hear.