Impress your Beauty Recruitment Agency
Specialist recruitment agencies for the beauty industry are literally inundated with enquiries from beauty professionals seeking help with their job search and simply don't have time to meet each and every therapist that makes contact. This is because most reputable agencies will want to conduct a face to face meeting with potential candidates and perhaps even conduct a trade test to assess how well they perform treatments. They have to reassure themselves that candidates are worthy of putting forward for their client's vacant positions and the time invested to properly do this can be considerable. They will therefore only be interested in investing time with the best out the bunch.
Advice for Therapist Candidates
If you've decided to make contact with some beauty recruitment agencies then follow our advice and they should hopefully feel you're worth investing time in and taking onto their books.
- Make sure your CV is up to-date and selling your attributes -Having a current CV when looking for work is an absolute must. All prospective employers will want to see what you've been up to in your working career, your achievements and what you have to offer. Invest proper time in getting your CV into really good shape as it's your passport to an appointment with the agency not to mention an interview with their clients.
- Don't be late for your appointment with the agency -Recruitment consultants are incredibly busy people and will literally have their whole day taken up with appointments. By turning up late for your appointment you'll be compromising not only their opionin of you but the special alloted time you have with them. So make sure you know where the meet up venue is and leave plenty of time to get there.
- Dress as you would for an interview - You need to treat your appointment as if it were an interview as the recruitment consultant will be forming an opinion of your suitability based on how you present yourself; how you dress, apply makeup, wear your hair.
- Let your enthusiasm shine - The agency will only want to put forward candidates that can demonstrate they have a passion for the industry and are enthusiastic about getting another job
- Be prepared to sell yourself - The consultant is sincerely hoping you're going to blow them away with your brilliance. This isn't a time for shrinking violets; prepare to impress with your abilities and stories of personal achievements
- Know what you want - If they're going to help you it will help to know what you want help with; what kind of job you're looking for, the general direction you'd like your career to follow; the types of company you like working for etc
Of course like anything in recruitment there's no guarantee that should you tick all the above requirements that the agency will help secure your next job. It's all assuming they have a suitable vacancy in the area you require. But make a good impression and the moment they do they're sure to come knocking on your door first.