Tips for Hiring Spa Employees
Learn the top things to look for when hiring spa employees. This is a great article on learning what you should look for in a spa employee and what to avoid.
Qualities to look for in a spa employee:
- Do they like people?
- Do they have a friendly demeanor?
- Have they done any community work?
- What are their short and longer term goals?
- Check out their past and ask for references that are not relatives
- Do they take intuitive?
- Identify their passions
- Do they demonstrate cleanliness, friendliness and a good sense of humor?
- Can they follow directions without challenging or questioning your standards?
- Being an esthetician is great, however do they have customer service experience?
Things to avoid when hiring a spa employee
- Do they use the word 'I' a lot?
- If they don't have any passions, will they be able to care for your guest
- Do they move around a lot?
- Signs of impatient
- Do they use course language
- Do they ask for a lot right from the beginning?
- Identify how they talk to others (do they use a lot of negativity?)
- Conflicting goals
- Do they request a lot of time off before even starting the job
- Someone who doesn't react in a positive manner to change will be challenging to manage.
If you're hiring for a managerial position, look for these qualities:
- Adapts easily to change
- Can handle working with different personality types
- Has a good sense of time managemen
- Can prioritize and work within time lines
- Great remodel-most behavior cannot be taught, rather staff will pick up habits from the person leading.
- Has a great ability to teach, step back and delegate responsibility to create leaders.
- Does not micromanage staff
- Builds good relationships with staff at work and outside of work.
- Builds and maintains good relationships with others by actively networking and attending events.
- Sees things for what they are and is able to take action immediately. Finds solutions, not excuses.
Article Source: http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Daniela_Belmondo