Brow Expert Job Profile
It has been said that well groomed eyebrows can transform a person’s face. So you can imagine that to get brows just right you would need an expert touch. Enter the Brow Expert!
Brow experts are responsible for improving the appearance of brows through hair removal (waxing, threading or tweezing), eye makeup application, tinting and even brow extensions and semi-permanent makeup to fill in the gaps of any over plucked brows in need of some TLC.
Hours and Working Environment
As most Brow experts are fully qualified Beauty Therapists, there are often times you may be asked to carry out other treatments like facials, manicures, pedicures and massage. This keeps the role varied as brow sessions often include those treatments associated with the face including facials, tinting and makeup application.
You will be on your feet most of the day in this role and hours will generally depend on the shopping centre the brow boutique is situated in as you may find yourself working within Debenhams or Harvey Nichols or other similar retail outlets.
As you are working within a people oriented profession you will get to meet a variety of interesting individuals.
Upsides and Downsides
- Instantly gratifying as you can immediately see results and how pleased your clients are at the sight of their perfect brows.
- Good earning potential.
- Variety offered with different clientele and varying treatments required.
- Long hours may be required, including weekend and evening shifts.
- Quieter periods may have an impact on your salary.
- You will be required to be on your feet for a large portion of the day.
Skills and Personal Qualities
You will need to be:
- An expert in waxing and/or threading.
- A Perfectionist, as precision is required in creating the perfect brow.
- A friendly and welcoming person.
- A people person who can easily make conversation as you will be face to face with clients on a regular basis
- Excellent with customer service skills
- Passionate about brows
In most cases you are required to be qualified as an all round beauty therapist.
As Brow Therapists are often times on the shop floor you will need to be confident in retail sales and promoting treatments to clients
Potential Salary and Benefits
As commission is usually included with most brow expert job vacancies, a brow specialist can greatly increase their pay with retail commission.
A brow expert will earn an average of between £6-00 to £8-00 per hour on a part time basis. Full time salaries range on average between £13,500 and £15,500 per annum.
As brow treatments have become increasingly popular so too have salons or brow boutiques that specialise in brow treatments. The potential is there for someone to open their own brow business, making it a very lucrative career.
Again, the popularity of the treatment means that there are some very recognisable brands recruiting for brow experts and you could find yourself working for a leading cosmetics brand such as Benefit Cosmetics or the ever popular Blink Brow Bar.