Spa Reception Manager Job Profile
As Spa Reception Manager you will supervise the day to day running of the Reception area within the Spa. The reception team are responsible for the guest’s first and lasting impressions and as a member of the senior management team you will be expected to ensure a high quality service is delivered by your team.
As a Spa Reception Manager you will have a varied range of responsibilities depending on the size of the spa. The typical duties of a Spa Reception Manager are as follows:
- Provide 5 star service to customers
- Respond to customer queries and complaints
- Greeting clients and checking them in
- You will handle the management of appointments
- Take payment for good and services
- Control stock
- Cash handling
- Answering phones and transferring calls
- Show customers the facilities
- Attend to guests throughout their stay
- Organise staff rotas
Skills and Personal Qualities
The following skills and personal qualities are found in spa receptionist manager:
- You will be naturally sales-focused and target driven
- Possess excellent people skills
- Able to deliver a consistent ‘will do’ ‘can do’ attitude.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
- Excellent personal presentation
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to take lead and motivate the front of house team
- Always be prepared and punctual
To become a spa receptionist manager it’s essential to have previous experience within the hospitality industry. Depending on the spa requirements you may also need previous experience in a spa recpetion managerial role.
Potential Salary and Benefits
The range on a basic salary for a spa reception manager can be quite broad £18,000 to £25,000 – it mainly depends on the location and type of spa you are working it.
Benefits for spa reception managers can vary from a generous holiday allowance, free memberships in the spa, food discount, discounted treatments and ongoing training.
Opportunities and Progression
Working as a Spa Receptionist Manager you will be opened up to the opportunities to progress your career into a Spa Coordinator or Duty Manager roles. Working hard within your role and showing your aspirations will provide you with a great opportunity to progress. Discussing your potential career progression with your spa employers will allow them to give you the advice on how to do so.
View the latest Spa job vacancies
View more Spa career advice in our career hub