We are recruiting on behalf a well known large Beauty supplier. They are a family run business that were established over 60 years ago and you will have the opportunity to working with market leading brands such as OPI, Sienna X, Beauty Pro, and Salon Systems.
We’re looking for an experienced, proactive and forward-thinking Category Development Manager, with a real passion for beauty, to join their head office team based on the outskirts of Brighton, to help bring their stores to life and keep up to date with current hair & beauty trends.
Due to recent growth of their business this is a new senior role so previous experience of working as a Category Manager within the industry is essential; we need someone who can quickly take charge of the role and make it their own. You will need to have strong business awareness both internally and of competitors, and the ability to present findings and new concepts to Directors to gain buy in
You will be researching new beauty products to identify future trends and product opportunities, meeting with and building relationships with current suppliers to review performance and agree terms.
You will also work closely with their buying and marketing departments to maintain and manage stock levels and awareness to achieve maximum profitability. You will forecast advance stock requirements and conduct reviews on selected categories.
Other duties include:
- Identify current gaps within their beauty product portfolio
- Budget control
- Source new beauty products and suppliers
- Manage relevant retro targets
- Liaise with branches regarding stock requirements
- Minimise out of stocks and maximise stock turn
- Analyse slow moving and newly stocked lines
- Category performance analysis of profit contribution
You’ll ideally have:
- 2-3 years of solid experience in a previous category management/multi brand role within a similar industry
- A high level of accuracy and literacy to interpret and input information
- Highly effective communication skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Passion for beauty products and tracking current and future trends
- Willing to travel around UK
- Opportunity to work remotely (depending on location)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Travel expense covered
- Opportunity to work with a great company with a positive culture and attractive working environment