Cosmetic Skin Therapist – Hertfordshire, North London
Cosmetic Skin Therapist – Hertfordshire, North London
Salary: On Application
Date Posted: 01 April 2021
Job Type: Part Time or Full Time
Qualifications: NVQ level 3-4, minimum requirement
We are currently looking for an ambitious, experienced skin, beauty therapist or nurse, to join our south Hertfordshire clinic, close to north London.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is ambitious, driven, and self-motivated with strong skills and experience in the field of Aesthetics and Beauty therapy.
Should be self-confident with an outgoing, caring and compassionate personality
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a clinic environment with a strong understanding of product sales and skincare. Experience with performing advanced micro-needling, laser hair removal and skin peels would be considered a requirement.
During your 4 – 5 years clinic experience, it will have been expected that you will have carried out skin consultations to assess clients skin, including using a scanner. Observ or higher.
After a period of settling in and gaining familiarity, you would be expected to achieve excellent customer service, a high level of ambition and the ability to work with a friendly, fun and hard working team.
A good level of sales experience is required across all treatments and products.
This is the ideal opportunity to join an award-winning company with a friendly, fun, welcoming, supportive team and receive training, support, and development within this ever-evolving sector of aesthetics.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with clients and staff
- Deliver excellent treatment and customer service to all clients
- Advise clients on treatments and products most suited to their personal needs
- Work as part of a team to maintain exceptional company standards
- Abide by the necessary health and hygiene regulations
- Show confidence and leadership qualities
- Increase sales using the ethical knowledge-based training given.
- Perform paramedical grade treatments including laser, advanced microneedling and medical grade facials.
Duties to Include:
- To provide the client with detailed, accurate and appropriate information in relation to their expectations
- To provide consultation and informed consent to clients
- To ensure notes and client paperwork are kept up to date
- To respect client dignity and confidentiality
- To maintain a high standard of clinic cleanliness
- To help ensure work surfaces, equipment and rooms are kept clean
- To take payments by cash or credit/debit card
- Taking payments and ensuring cash handling procedures are followed
- To retail products and offer advice to clients
- Managing telephone and email enquiries, booking appointments and preparing client files/paperwork
- Complying with all health and safety regulations and ensuring you have read and understood all clinic policies and procedures including latest updates on covid-19
- To communicate with the clinic manager to facilitate the coordination of work and client schedules
- Download client pictures into secure database
- Supply before and after pictures for marketing, subject to client approval
- To perform stock checks and maintain an adequate stock of supplies within the clinic and notify clinic manager of stock requests
- Deputise in the event of managers absence
- Accepting further training in skin treatments and receptionist duties.
- Handling and logging enquiries in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via e-mail
- Beauty therapy Level 3 NVQ qualified. Ideally Level 4 or 5
- Ideally a minimum 3 years’ experience in aesthetic treatments
- Ideally a minimum 2 year’s Front of house experience
- A minimum 2 year’s sales experience
- Can work flexible hours including Saturdays and evenings
- Strong IT skills
- Confident, self-assured, caring and empathetic.
- The ability to work well with all other clinic staff.
- Work closely with clinic owner and senior skin therapist
- The ability to understand and resolve clients needs over the phone and in-clinic.
- On-going training to continually improve your cosmetic therapist knowledge in all levels, leading to an advanced senior skin therapist.
You will receive
- Competitive initial salary. Amount will vary on experience
- Increased salary depending on performance levels
- Good commission on products and treatments sold
- Discounts on products and free treatments
- Company pension if wished for
- The amazing opportunity to learn from the best.
- Paid for on-going training
- Opportunity for a more senior role
We are thankfully a successful independent clinic. There are no big franchise / chain bureaucratic ways of working. Our success has been based on a great understanding of friendly but professional working practices between the staff members. We are all friends here but are looking forward to welcoming a new therapist into our team. The relationship between our staff is easy going, yet professional. The empathy and caring manner of our staff members transmits to our clients over the phone and in-clinic, so they know they are in the very best professional and caring hands.
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be exhaustive and may be added to in the future depending on the needs of the business.
Apply for Cosmetic Skin Therapist – Hertfordshire, North London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly