Tender Crown is a budding Hair and Beauty Salon based in the heart of Reading City Centre. With close proximity to all forms of public transport, and a vibrant decor, the Salon attracts a varied clientele.
Employment Basis: Full-time / Permanent.
Be treated with respect and dignity.
Staff Discount, bonuses, perks and commission on product sales.
Paid training and continuous support.
Personalised career development, with experience progression to Specialist Position or Salon Manager.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Cutting and styling
- Colouring, perming or straightening
- Advising on minor hair and scalp problems
- Keeping client records and making appointments
- Ordering materials and promoting sales to customers
- Keeping up to date with new trends, techniques and products
- Making sure that hair products containing chemicals are used and stored safely
Qualifications and experience
- Required: NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Required: Experience as a Hair Stylist for a minimum of 1 year.
- Preferable: Experience as a Hair Stylist for a minimum of 2 years.
- A Smile and a Can-do attitude.
- Committed to Excellent Customer Service.
- Able to Communicate Effectively.
- Excellent knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the hairdressing industry and salon operations.
- Must have proficient computer skills and experience with Salon Scheduling software.
- Been in the Hair and Beauty industry for 1 year or more. Confident and Cheerful. Creativity to design and interpret hairstyles.
- Organisational and time-keeping skills.
Hours and days
Tuesday to Saturday: 9am to 6pm.
Tender Crown, 62 Kings Road, Reading, Berkshire.
Pay (see Ts & Cs below)
£18000 to £24000 per year depending on experience and qualifications. Bonus and other company benefits are also included.
How to apply
Email cover letter and current resume/C.V to email listed in the description. Please include phone number for ease of contact and to arrange interviews.
Until position is filled.